Windows Question

The meeting rail on the upper section of sash window has become stuck and has fractured away resulting in one the panes of glass breaking.i wondered whether it could be repaired or replaced?

If replaced how should I go about that.It measures 32inches by 32inches and has 4 separate panes.I don`t need to renew the bottom section window of the sash.We`re based in Fulham if anybody should know of or be a handy sash window repairer.Many thanks

3 Answers

A carpenter/ joiner could repair this for you, place your requirements in the Post a Job section.

Answered 27th Nov 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Depending whether it is wood or u-PVC it could easily be repaired. It souds as it is wood ie it has swelled. This would result in the problem which you have.

Answered 28th Nov 2011

ID Windows Doors Glazing

Member since 21 Nov 2011

Hi,this is a easy repair,any decent painter and decorator will repair this for you using Repair Care International.
Have a look for yourself and it will give you an idea of what needs to be done.
All the best
Chris spence

Answered 28th Nov 2011

Bright Painting & Decorating Services

Member since 18 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions