Ask a tradesman


Plastic, pvc maybe. it goes around most sides and top of windows in house, especially upstairs.

I really don't know the name of it, I've searched online but couldn't find anything. It's the plastic part of the window frame... I keep getting the term trim/jamb but when I search I only really get decorative items which people use to make their windows look more attractive. I'm pretty sure the upper part is called a fascia but not sure about the two sides. The reason I'm asking is I ripped it off last night in one the bedrooms and there is now gaping holes going across and down the sides! I have a plasterer coming in a few days and really don't know what to do... Will he be able to fill these holes? I would go and buy new ones but can't find it anywhere

2 Answers from MyBuilder Window & Door Fitters

Best Answer

Hi James, generally trim is used to cover the gaps on windows and doors.
The link below will give you the GAP brochure which may well help. Alternately, you could visit your local Eurocell Depot with a photo of what it was you took off.

Hope this helps.

MPB Windows and Doors.


Answered 15th May 2017

Its called PVC trim most plastic company's supply them but there are many sizes,for the best Finnish have it plastered first then trimmed for the best look use a small trim.
Correct window repairs ltd


Answered 17th May 2017

Post your job to find high quality tradespeople and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories