Windows Question

We have a double glazed window that does fully fit in the frame

it is the bottom corner of the window next to the frame. The top fits fine but in the bottom there is a gap. There is cold air getting through this gap, is there some means of adjusting

3 Answers

there is a limited amount of adjustment on most modern windows within the hinge usually with an alen key, post it as a job and get a local tradesmen to have a look

Answered 27th Nov 2011


Member since 21 Nov 2011

If its the frame, then its not fitted in square.
If its the glazing in the door, its not been toed and heeled properly.

Answered 27th Nov 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

It sounds like the window has been fitted incorrectly. See if there are any packers ( these look like retangular pieces of plastic) around the window. You will need to remove the beading.Then you should be able to adjust the packers as needed to realign the glazed unit.
If you want to remove the beading youself then you will need a glazers knife. Hope this helps.

Answered 27th Nov 2011

ID Windows Doors Glazing

Member since 21 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions