Damp Proofing Question

Rising damp issue

We have just sold our house,and a survayer came in for valuation etc,and he mentioned there are few rising damp issues(only here and there,nothing major),as far i can see there is NO VISIBLE mark of any rising damp,apart from small paryion wall in kitchen,which is half tiled and half wallpapers(and there is some moister in the wall paper)
apart from that whole house is 100% nice and dry,so in that case,I am not going to take any chance,what could be the best soloution for it?can I drill through the tiles and fill some DRYZONE tubes,or do i need to take the tiles off or should I call in specalist,just wonder how big the job is?


4 Answers

Best Answer

Why bother if you have sold your house.
If its an issue then it will need to be done by a Damp Specialist, as the surveyor will want to see the gaurantee.

Answered 27th Nov 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

if i was you and can see no visible damp i would get a second opinion from a damp specialist

Answered 27th Nov 2011

John Hodgins Plastering & Renovation Services

Member since 17 Nov 2011

Hi, you cant just apply injection fluid randomly. the brickwork at floor level would need to be exposed and the injection fluid applied with the correct depth, spacing and in the correct point as failure to do so with result in gaps in the dpc and ultimately failure to solve the problem.
A specialist can do injection only dpc for around £40 per metretreated or around £80 per metre if you were to have a comlete damp course with metre high water repellant sand and cement backing coat.
hope this helps.
Premier Projects

Answered 27th Nov 2011

Premier Projects

Member since 16 Nov 2011

hi tiles need to come off,to bear brickwork ! then apply injection dpc and replaster with renderguard. hope this helps you cheers DAVE

Answered 27th Nov 2011


Member since 14 Apr 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions