Ask a tradesman
What type of builder can draw structural plans
I am planning a side return extension and possibly extending a few feet further into my yard. Two load bearing walls are involved therefore requiring new structural beam work.
What type of tradesperson should I be looking to employ to a) draw plans and b) be competent at structural engineering/building.
I am aware that some builders will be able to calculate but I want to be sure that I am employing a qualified builder/engineer and not a cowboy.
2 Answers from MyBuilder Extension Builders
Hi I would only use a qualified structural engineer for steel calculations it is such an important job there is no point risking it.
Answered 27th Apr 2017
Radcliffe • Member since 28 Apr 2017 • 2 jobs, 100% positive feedback
Always use a architect for plan he will also be able to calculate weights, measurement for steels in one package and price. You can have theses checked by structural engineer if you wish . Building control might also might change them for bigger steels .they going over kill at moment .Architects usually right .
Answered 28th Apr 2017
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- I am the a owner of a first floor flat of a victorian terraced house.I would to like a dormer loft conversion or L shape conversion,what type of conversion can i have,& how much would it cost.
- Can't find source of leak coming through roof of bay window
- Cracks in interior wall, crack in exterior render. What is the best way to remedy?
- What type of house survey to get?