Windows Question

We have broken the outside glass of our double glazing.inside glass intact. will we need to have a new double glazing window put in?

7 Answers

Best Answer

All you will need is a new glazed unit to replace this. You will not need to replace anything else as the frame should be ok.

Answered 22nd Nov 2011

ID Windows Doors Glazing

Member since 21 Nov 2011

you will have to replace the double glazed unit only ,

post in the windows section and get someone round to measure up

Answered 22nd Nov 2011

ADR Property Maintenance

Member since 1 Mar 2009

A new double glazed unit requires to be fitted as the seal is broken.

Answered 22nd Nov 2011

Paterson Home Improvements

Member since 29 Apr 2010

Yes simple job for a window fitter, he will measure the glass unit, plus thickness and replace it for you.

Answered 22nd Nov 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Should be able to just replace the glass.

Answered 22nd Nov 2011

carl melady

Member since 1 Jun 2008

yes these are a sealed unit im affraid you cant just replace 1

Answered 22nd Nov 2011


Member since 21 Nov 2011

Yes simple job for a window fitter/glazier. They will measure the glass unit and replace it for you. Its a straightforward process.

Answered 9th Sep 2017


Member since 6 Sep 2017

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions