Kitchen Fitting Question

Fitting a splashback

I have just bought a new build home and the kitchen hasn't come fitted with a splashback. The top cooker is gas and the back wall is painted cream! Not ideal. The back of the cooker does have a over'ledge. What would you recommend and is it easy to do? My property is rented out so I am therefore looking for someone to supply and fit the splashback.

7 Answers

Best Answer

you an buy a stainless steel splashback from the likes of b+q which you could fix with grab adhesive, regards Terry.

Answered 21st Nov 2011

tm property services

Member since 9 Mar 2011


It is easy to do, as long as the extractor fan is high enough on the wall for the splashback you choose to use. Best bet would be a stainless steel one, the same width as your cooker...they are just either clipped on or screwed to the wall. You can get them anywhere...DiY stores etc

You need to post your job in the 'Post your Job' section of this site to get quotes from local tradespeople.

Answered 21st Nov 2011

Rebel Carpenter

Member since 24 Sep 2008

u can either get it tiled or a glass upstand is the in thing at the moment.

Answered 21st Nov 2011

DMCS Carpentry

Member since 21 Nov 2011

There is a perspex type board which is ideal for splash backs, but you will see the colour of your wall still so i would go with the alloy sheeting, very cheap and very effective and popular at the moment.
You can pick these up fairly cheap if you no where to look, i picked one up for £7.50 and put it in a £130,000 property and you wouldn't of known, it fitted in so well! and looks really KITCHEN !
Imagination,all the best

Answered 21st Nov 2011

Bright Painting & Decorating Services

Member since 18 Nov 2011

Howdens Joinery supply a wide range of splashbacks in varoius sizes. You can get self adhesive splashbacks that will stick straight to the wall. A 600mm wide x 705mm high splashback will cost around £100.00. You need to check how wide your cooker is and the distance between the top of the cooker and the cooker hood.

Answered 21st Nov 2011

Any Alterations Ltd

Member since 13 Jan 2010


Answered 21st Nov 2011

d martin general household maintanance

Member since 15 Feb 2010

How about having a piece of glass made to measure?
If you contact your local glass supplier they can usually supply a piece of toughened glass and give you a choice of colours. Not cheap but compared with getting tiles, then getting a tiler to fit one day & grout the next it might be worth considering.
Best o luck Paul

Answered 22nd Nov 2011


Member since 6 Oct 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions