Electrical Question

Do i need an electrician or heating expert?

I have a large wall fixed electric radiator that is oil based and stopped giving out heat. When switched on the light illuminates. What type f trade would be best to look at this?


6 Answers

Best Answer

You would be better off with an Electrician who is familiar/competent with carrying out domestic appliance repairs, not so many of them about these days.

It very much sounds like the element has gone, and depending on the age of the heater, obatining a new element could be difficult. Its also likely that the oil will need to be drained off to fit the new element, so is probably best carried out outdoors or in a repair workshop.

Answered 21st Nov 2011

Electrical Safety Services

Member since 17 Oct 2011

As its an electric heater, you need an Electrician.

Answered 21st Nov 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Electrician. He can test the element and the associated switches / stats ect. Hope this helps.

NJM Electrical

Answered 21st Nov 2011

NJM Electrical

Member since 7 Mar 2009

you need an electrician for this, could be the switch or broken element, regards Terry.

Answered 21st Nov 2011

tm property services

Member since 9 Mar 2011

The answer is in your statement , electric radiator ! If its electrical then employ an electrician that would be best although a good heating engineer could possibly know , electrician would be first choice . wayne Soppitt (WPS Electrical Services)

Answered 21st Nov 2011


Member since 28 Feb 2011

I'd be happy to replace it but not repair. If you have the manual you may be able to get it repaired by contacting the manufacturer for alist of service agents. Good luck. Nick

Answered 22nd Nov 2011

ICM Electrical Services Limited

Member since 10 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions