Ask a tradesman
How do we go about buying a glass fronted gas fire (conventional flue) and fire surround and having it fitted without paying £000's?
Do Gas Safe Engineers do the whole job? Can they get fires and surrounds at reasonable prices?
3 Answers from MyBuilder Gas Engineers
you can buy an electric fire and do it your self as these days modern electric fires a very good and very cheap to run
Answered 24th Mar 2011
I would suggest finding a local Gas safe engineer, or ask your neighbours who they use.
A good engineer should get your fire with discount and fit it.
My advice would be to post your job requirements on this site, My Builder.
You can then get at least 3 prices.
Hope this is of some help
Answered 13th Mar 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- hi at the moment we do not have a chimney but we would like a gas fire we live in a bungalow how could we do it we do not have an outside wall
- i have cental heating in my house and i want a gas fire, i have no chimney or ventilation so i have been told i need a flueless gas fire how do i get a flue fitted
- New gas fire installation (back boiler and gas fire previously removed)
- URGENT: how to remove a Gas inset Fire and surround and create Opening for Decorative purposes