Gas Work Question

How do we go about buying a glass fronted gas fire (conventional flue) and fire surround and having it fitted without paying £000's?

Do Gas Safe Engineers do the whole job? Can they get fires and surrounds at reasonable prices?

3 Answers

Best Answer

you can buy an electric fire and do it your self as these days modern electric fires a very good and very cheap to run

Answered 24th Mar 2011

apex plumbing

Member since 7 Jan 2009

I would suggest finding a local Gas safe engineer, or ask your neighbours who they use.
A good engineer should get your fire with discount and fit it.
My advice would be to post your job requirements on this site, My Builder.
You can then get at least 3 prices.
Hope this is of some help

Answered 12th Mar 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

yes it could be the divertor valve within the boiler if its a combi

Answered 15th Apr 2011


Member since 15 Jan 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions