Electrical Question

En-suite, consumer fusebox, do they mix?

I am considering putting an en-suite/shower room in a spare bedroom. However, in that room is the consumer unit/fusebox, it is in a wooden cupboard, ceiling height at the moment, is that ok or do I have to do something with it?

3 Answers

Best Answer

No, you would have to get it shifted, or, choose another location for shower room. just remember that someone registered would have to move the con unit along with a certificate and building control notification.

Answered 28th Dec 2016


Member since 13 Jan 2015

I wouldn't recommend it as steam gets everywhere and may cause condensation on the inside of the unit!!!
Would it be possible to isolate the area by creating a separate full length (floor to ceiling) partition?
Or maybe even move the consumer unit?


Answered 27th Dec 2016

NJC Electrical Services

Member since 1 Feb 2016

The consumer unit would have to be moved to a convenient location outside or the space re partitioned.
It would be extremely dangerous to keep it and against building regulations so you would never get this signed off.

Answered 28th Dec 2016

Handyman On Demand

Member since 18 Mar 2016

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions