Central Heating Question

I am buying 2 new 3 column radiators (have checked they are the right btu), and want to order thermostatic valves. do i buy straight or angled ones?

4 Answers

Hi there,It depends on the radiators,some need straight valves others bent...but most column rads take a bent valve......Brian

Answered 11th Mar 2011

E&M Plumbing & Heating

Member since 26 Feb 2009

Hi there,
Either type trv's will do, its personnel choice really, plus how and where the rads are fitted and the space available for rads and valves.

Answered 14th Mar 2011

TKR Plumbing & Heating

Member since 8 Dec 2008

Hi there,
Either type of Trv's are able to fit with column radiators, it just depends on the current installation and whether or not you wish to change this installation to suit the room asthetically i.e pipe fixing etc.

Answered 23rd Mar 2011

S.Banks Plumbing, Heating & Eco Energies Ltd

Member since 14 Jul 2009

you will require angled valves, usually TRV one side and locksheild on the other.

Answered 15th May 2011

AC plumbing and heating

Member since 9 May 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Heating Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions