Ask a tradesman

Gas Work

Gas converted aga - service/advice required


We have moved into a house which has an AGA which has been converted to gas. We have not switched this on since moving in as we are unsure of the mechanics and would like to confirm the gas supply is secure with no leaks.

We also wish to know a bit more about how the AGA functions using gas.

Looking forward to your reply


2 Answers from MyBuilder Gas Engineers

Not a plumber but as a builder if it was myself I would get a local service engineer to service it and confirm it's safe giving you the instructions you need. You don't want to mess about when gas and carbon monoxide is concerned!


Answered 6th Nov 2011

You need a Gas Safe Registered engineer to come and test the installation. If you give him the details of the Aga he will be able to locate a set of user instructions for you.

Im sure he would be happy to show you the controls and how it opperates.

Kind Regards


Answered 6th Nov 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories