Restoration & Refurbishment Question

Strange dark marks

I've recently had a full house refurbishment which included replastering of all internal walls and new deep skirting. However since it's been painted I've noticed strange dark marks (almost brushstroke looking) coming through some sections of the wall, parallel to the skirting. It's only in some rooms, the main one being an internal lounge wall. Can anyone advise what this could be and what to do please?

2 Answers

Sounds very strange, did you have any damp problems before the reskim?

Answered 5th Oct 2016

Abode Solutions

Member since 8 Oct 2015

Sounds as if youve had damp a quick temporay fix could be to put a coat of zinser (stain guard) on before re coating. As i said this would only be a temporary solution

Answered 6th Oct 2016

I.B. Coatings

Member since 6 Oct 2016

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Restoration & Refurb Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions