Ask a tradesman
My grouting keeps cracking and coming loose
only 4 of the small tile 2.5" x 8" keep coming loose?
4 Answers from MyBuilder Tilers
Fordingbridge • Member since 2 Nov 2011 • 2 jobs, 100% positive feedback
If it's not movement in the wall it could just be that the preparation before tiling was inadequate in other words not sealed and there in no key for the adhesive. If the tile adhesive on the tiles that came off is not stuck to the wall then that's it! Good luck.
Answered 2nd Nov 2011
hi sounds like you have got alot of movement & you could try using a flexible grout instaed of a standard grout!
this would be ideal if there isnt too much movement but im afraid if there is excessive movement in the wall then it could all need removeing, new studs put in wall and reboarding but would suggest you try a flexi grout first as this is by far the cheapest remedy!!
hope this helps with your query!
regards Martin, Dynamik Ceramiks.
Answered 2nd Nov 2011
depending on the surface you have tiled on if it is wood then you should have used flexi adhesive and grout if it is a solid wall make sure there is no pin holes in the grout where water can get in which can cause the adhesive to get damp and move slightly and then grout cracks or just scrap the grout out and use flexi grout. hop[e this helped
Answered 4th Nov 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- I have damp coming through the back wall of my Victorian house. The wall is rendered and shows no signs of cracking although it has not been painted for sdome time
- I have a leak coming from a loose connection between my bath trap and the waste pipe. How can i no fix this, as the bath trap no longer reaches the waste pipe and leakes profusely.
- Grouting between tiles keeps disintegrating and needs replacing in floor of new extension
- Wiring to and from boiler and cylinder and a fuse box question