Architectural Services Question

Building up to party line

what is the position when neighbours want to use all space up to party line for extension...what happens then if we should also want to build to party line

2 Answers

If they want to build right up to the party line / boundary then a Party Wall Agreement is more than likley needed when they come to build.

Answered 18th Aug 2016

Richardson Architectural Design

Member since 17 Aug 2016

If you agree to the neighbour building across the party wall line then when you come to build your extension you will not need to build a wall yourself.
Any building work your neighbour carries out within 3M of your property requires a party wall agreement. If your neighbour is building up to 6M away and piling foundations a party wall agreement may be required.

Answered 30th Oct 2016

Room-by-Room (UK) Ltd

Member since 23 Jul 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Architectural Services who can help you with your project.

Search all questions