Plastering Question

Exterior rendering


I'm looking into getting some external rendering done, specifically the cementitious plinth around the back of my house and some of the bricks need repointing.

Which tradesman is best qualified to do this work - does it fall under brick laying or renderers?

Thanks in advance

2 Answers

Best Answer

You may need both a plasterer and a bricklayer but a good multi trades man may be a cheaper option. Generally a smaller contractor be-it a plasterer or a brick layer may be able to sort you out. If there is more pointing than plastering start with bricklayers or visa versa. Also general contractors who usually have both trades on their books or access to good subcontractors may also be the way to go. Bear in mind that there may be a large labour element in preparing for repointing and replastering.

Answered 28th Jun 2016

Keaveney Construction

Member since 27 Jun 2016

Normally bricklayer to repoint existing walls, and plasterer/renderer to re do the plinths.

Answered 27th Jun 2016

Ryan Thorne Plastering

Member since 23 Jun 2016

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions