Kitchen Fitting Question

What type of hinge for kitchen doors.

To cut a long story short I have a corner kitchen under sink cupboard that needs 2 doors fitting that join on to each other. I got the doors and hinges delivered from IKEA. I rang them up about what hinges to fit and the ones the have supplied only work for one of 2 doors.

There is a door that I have fitted to the unit that is fine but the second door fits to the first one at a right angle 90 degrees and the hinges I have 153 degrees are not right. The first door has 2 circles cut out on the left and right. One set has been used when fixing the door to the unit. The second door is drilled for 2 screws to be fixed into it.
I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me the type of hinges I need for the second door.

3 Answers

Best Answer

Hi, the type of hinges you need to fit between the 2 doors are called 'pie cut' hinges, they fit to the primary door and the hinge caddies fit to the screw holes on the secondary door. The hinges are dog leg in shape and are not a full circle like the others.
Hope this helps.
Simon Matthews

Answered 20th Oct 2011

Simon Matthews Furniture

Member since 22 Nov 2010

contact ikea and get them to send the correct hinges.
Ikea are notorious for sending the wrong items , in my experience i wouldn't touch an Ikea kitchen with a barg pole, they are cheap for a reason i'm afraid.

Answered 29th Nov 2011

creative carpentry & improvements

Member since 24 Feb 2009

No feedback


Fix the doors together and use only one set of hinges.



Answered 20th Oct 2011

STM & Daughters

Member since 27 Jun 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions