Driveways Question

Concrete directly alongisde house


The small area between my new house (built circa 1900) and the pavement has been at some point in the past filled in with concrete. Unfortunately, this concrete slopes downwards towards the airbricks (helpful!), and so we need to take it all up.

We want to get this removed but were struggling to identify the correct tradesperson for the job. Would you recommend a driveways specialist for this job, or is there someone else who is better suited?

I am concerned about potential damage to the foundations and rest of house as the concrete is adjacient to the house. What precautions need to be taken when working this close to a house?

Many thanks for your time

2 Answers

It sounds like it's just a standard concrete path. It's probably between 4 to 6 inches thick, this will easily break up with a jackhammer. I doubt it's part of the foundations. A builder or driveway expert is the trade you need .

Answered 10th Jun 2016

Landscape Design Cheshire

Member since 18 Nov 2015

Just be careful when going along the side of house use groundsman or block paver garden specialist hope this helps need any advice feel free to contact me its ray

Answered 29th Jul 2016

A1a Tree Surgery & Garden Design

Member since 29 Jul 2015

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Driveway Pavers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions