Plumbing Question

I removed a radiator to decorate behind, now i have a leak. what can i do, or do i need a plumber.

3 Answers

Best Answer

If the leak is on one of the radiator valves

You will need a pair of footprints or grips and an adjustable spanner

Hold the valve in place with the grips and tweak the nut with the spanner.

This should do the trick

If the leak is coming from the top of the valve where you have shut off and opened the valves. Remove the cap and you will normally see a small nut, give that a small tweak

Hope that helps


Answered 16th Oct 2011

Lambert Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Member since 11 Oct 2011

This is common if valve is only turned on or off infrequently. take off white cap on valve and with a spanner or grips turn small nut clockwise probably abour 1/4 or 1/2 turn this should stop problem, dont tighten to much as valve will not turn off.

Answered 18th Oct 2011

greswolde services

Member since 17 Oct 2011

best to call a plumber as very easy to cause more damage unless you feel confident about trying to fix yourself

Answered 19th Oct 2011


Member since 20 Feb 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions