Ask a tradesman
How much will it cost to replace a built-in electric hob with a gas one?
The GCH boiler is 2m away. I'd like to replace the electric oven with gas too but not until it breaks down! thanks
4 Answers from MyBuilder Gas Engineers
Current builiding regs and boiler requirements demand a certain volume of gas to your boiler. if you don't have a 22mm gas supply to your boiler, you may not be able to simply T off a supply for your hob. The danger is that when you demand gas to the hob that you can starve the boiler, resulting in the boiler burning very ineffeciently or even cutting out. Who ever you get to do your gas works, make sure that they check theses pressures. If that is all ok then i would suggest around £150 - £200 all in is more realistic. If your hob is cut into worktop then make sure the dimensions of your new gas hob are at least the same size as your electric hob or bigger. Most single hob cut outs are around 575mm wide and 496mm deep +/- 20mm. good luck.
Answered 11th Mar 2011
Cleveleys • Member since 28 Nov 2010 • 5 jobs, 100% positive feedback
seventy five pounds
Answered 6th Mar 2011
Southsea • Member since 8 Nov 2010 • 231 jobs, 99% positive feedback
just wanted to comment on what an excellent response from gogreenheating.
100 % correct, Gas supply volume and pressure critical !
Costs, depending on site survey, £ 75.00 ? Unlikely !,
Answered 12th Mar 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Fitting a Gas cooker / gas supply to it + a few more gas related question
- What can I expect to pay for labour only to replace an existing electric cooker hob and oven with a new gas hob and a new electric oven. Gas and electric supply already behind cooker and ready to use.
- How difficult and expensive is it to reconnect an electricity supply inorder to replace a freestanding double gas oven with a freestanding gas hob and electric oven?
- Buying a house with a gas meter in bathroom? Is it safe? How much to get it moved?