Ask a tradesman



I served 5 years in the army and trained as an electrician, the only certificate i gained was "electrical installation competencies - part 2" which was a city and guilds. I have left the army now and looking to get into electrical work again, especially solar panel installations and i'm willing to pay for the relevent courses but unsure as to what courses i'd need to do so when i finish them i'd be able to go out and install, test and inspect my own work. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

Hello Banksy47 ,

To become solar installer and self certifyer you may need to get Citiy and Guild 2381 , 17th Edition and City and Guild 2391 this numbers 2381 and 2391 has been changed with other ity and guild exam code and this certification you can do city and guild solar installer course.

I hope this will help you to go to right path to become solar panel PV installer.

Good luck ..



Answered 1st Oct 2011

i have attended the dimplex pv course in southampton and found it to be very usefull total cost was around £800 including hotel costs but you also would need 2381 inspection and testing and take it as soon as possible because it will be altered next year making it a lot tougherj


Answered 1st Oct 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories