Ask a tradesman


American/thai plug - convert to uk using shaver adaptor?

I have a lamp that I purchased in Thailand and it has a Thai/American plug. Will I be able to convert it to UK by using a shaver adaptor plug?

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Electrician

Best Answer

Thai system operates at 220v 50hz
Brit system operates at 230v 50hz
So there should be no problem replacing the plug.
American system is 110v 60hz so if this your lamp I would not use the same bulb.


Answered 30th Dec 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories