Ask a tradesman


Storage heaters

I want to replace the storage heaters in a flat I own and want to check my understanding of how this would be done.

Am I correct in my understanding that these are wired into the E7 timer and in order to replace them with normal heaters, an electrician would simply need to disconnect from the timer and connect the circuit to the fuse box?


2 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

This work requires altering the wiring of consumer units which should be carried out by a qualified person. call a registered electrician for a quote.


Answered 28th Dec 2015

Most storage heaters will have both an E7 feed, and a standard daytime override. So you should have standard feed there anyway.


Answered 30th Dec 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories