Gas Work Question

We have had the copper gas pipe stolen which connects the meter to the house approx 1.5m are there aby alternatives to copper pipe & can any gas fitter replace it

5 Answers

Sorry to hear of your problem, yes any gas safe registered engineer can do the work. There is pipe called trac pipe which can be fitted, just make sure that he does not put compression fittings under the floor

Answered 29th Sep 2011

A Touch of Gas

Member since 10 Aug 2011

Yes there is. There is a flexible steel pipe that is pvc covered. This can be fitted by any registered engineer.
Hope this helps.

Answered 29th Sep 2011


Member since 3 Nov 2010

There is an alternative called track pipe but it is expensive and a gas registered engineer has to fit it following safety laws.
Many thanks jim

Answered 29th Sep 2011

J Bagnall Gas services

Member since 27 Sep 2011

it could be done in steel or get it rerouted inside

Answered 29th Sep 2011

Paul Caton Gas Services

Member since 23 Mar 2010

The only othe pipe you can use is TracPipe. Its very expensive and I wouldnt use it. your best skiking to copper.

im sorry to here the copper theifs have struck again.

Not all gas safe engineers can install it but most should.


Answered 29th Sep 2011

Deans Heating

Member since 22 Jan 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions