Ask a tradesman

Hard Flooring

Creaking floor panels

I require someone to lift a few carpets and fix creaking floor panels in a 1980s house. One bedroom 15x15, one study 12x10 one stair landing 10x4. Is this this is a job for a joiner, carpet fitter, flooring specialist or can the creaking can be repaired without lifting carpets...advice would be appreciated.

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Flooring Fitter

You'll need to lift the carpets where the creaking is apparent. You say floor panels but I'm assuming floorboards and if this is the case a decent handyman can Effect the repairs. However if they really are panels then without seeing them I can only assume they are hardboard or similar which may have lifted. They will need to be nailed or screwed down


Answered 5th Jan 2016

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories