Ask a tradesman

Hard Flooring

How to fix a sloping floor

My dining room floor slopes from one side to the other it drops approx 1-1.5 inches. The floor is concrete and used to be the kitchen before an extension was put in. What tradesman do I need to fix this and what would he need to do? The room size is 380cmx306cm.

Thanks in advance

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Flooring Fitter

A levelling screed compound is mixed and applied to the area, making sure the screed is built up on the lowers sections. The screed is applied with a hand trowel and will self smooth and level depending on the type.
Make sure you use a flooring company who specialises in this and not a general builder.
If you have a floor covering installed you may be able to save it if it is laminate, carpet or loose laid vinyl.


Answered 14th Dec 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories