Ask a tradesman

Architectural Services

Party wall agreement

who is responsible for getting a party wall agreement the home owner or the builder carrying out the work.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Architectural Designers

The Homeowner.

The legal relationship is between the homeowner and neighbour. Therefore, the duties are clearly upon these parties only. A party wall neighbour could sue a Builder if the builder causes damage, but that's different to the 'party wall' matters.

Many thanks, Jason.


Answered 28th Nov 2015

The homeowner


Answered 28th Nov 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories