Ask a tradesman


How do i get a part p certificate?

We have just had our bathroom and kitchen refurbished.
In the kitchen we had 2 additional double plug sockets installed along with LED pelmet and plinth lighting.
In the bathroom we had 1 ceiling light which we changed to 6 spot lights, we also added an electric steam free light up mirror and 1 extra plug socket outside on the bathroom wall.

Our plumber/kitchen fitter has now gone AWOL!!! Glad we didn't pay all upfront! We have no certification for any of the work he has done, nor do we have any invoices from him. We have tried to contact him and sent emails/messages/letter but to no avail. What do we do to stay compliant?

2 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

You only have two possible options .
1/get a registered electrician to do the work again.(not the option you want)
2/approach your LABC inform them of your problem and ask if they would accept an electrical installation condition report instead of an electrical installation certificate so they can issue a compliance certificate.(EICR issued by a registered electrician)


Answered 28th Nov 2015

Think you now know what you should have done. That is, don't let plumbers/other trades do electrical work, particularly in a special location i.e in a bathroom. This needs to be notified to building control,a part p spark can do all this for you and issue the relevant certificates. As it is now you don't even know if it is safe, as any decent spark cannot 3rd party certify. (Or not supposed to) I won't under any circumstances. Can't really help with the remedy tbh.


Answered 28th Nov 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories