Ask a tradesman
Wall mount tv corner
Is it possible to mount a tv in the corner of a room?
2 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians
Yes it is possible, all you need is a to corner tv bracket which can be found on eBay.
Kind regards Colin James
Answered 9th Nov 2015
Yes if you obtain a suitable bracket.
However you should consider:
1)The weight of the TV and the correct size of mounting screws or expanding bolts. Heavy duty types are probably required - the bracket instructions should provide this information.
2) The structure of the wall. The mounting screws or bolts need to enter the masonry(much deeper than the plaster) to an appropriate depth (for strength).
3) Ideally the socket serving the TV should also be close to the bracket(for safety and aesthetics reasons) and ideally at a height between 450mm to 1200mm. This is because you should avoid having a long trailing lead that you could accidently tug etc.
4) Finally, the location needs to be suitable. Do not place the heat generating device(TV) too close to clothing etc. Also avoid close proximity to a window that may be opened letting in driving rain - common sense really!
I hope this helps?
Answered 2nd Feb 2016
- hi i am going to fix my 42" flat screen tv on the wall using a tv wall bracket , what would be the best wall fixing to use to put up the bracket onto a double plasterboarded wall
Mount 9KG 40" LED TV to a plaster wall with a cantilever mount, standing away from the wall?
I have a plasterboard wall (stud partitions) which stands in front of an outer brick wall where I want to mount a TV. The TV is...
TV Wall mounting on stone effect tiled wall
We would like to install stone effect tiles on an interior wall in our living room, and mount a 50" TV over it, and hide all the...
Wall mount tv, external wall, new build house
TV needs wall mounting on an external wall. Problem is we think there's a huge gap between the plasterboard and brick and can't...
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery