Plumbing Question

When the toilet is flushed, new water fills toilet to about half way up, how can i fix the problem and make water stay at normal level?

yes i mean in the bowl! do you think it could be blockd?

5 Answers

Best Answer

or if you mean the water in the pan itself. its because there is a blockage in the waste pipe or drain

Answered 4th Mar 2011

northview property mainenance

Member since 13 Sep 2010

Older style WC's with flush handles and ball floats can be adjusted easily. On the water inlet valve there is an adjustment screw that determines at what point the float arm shuts off the inlet valve. In your case it sounds like you need to screw it out so the arm comes up further giving you a higher water level.

Answered 3rd Mar 2011


Member since 21 Jul 2009

Hi there,should be a simple job depending on what type of valve is fitted.
it should have some means of adjustment.usually some sort of screw.

Answered 3rd Mar 2011

E&M Plumbing & Heating

Member since 26 Feb 2009

You will have to adjust the flow value which operates the float.hope this help,s

Answered 3rd Mar 2011

DJ Property Trades

Member since 1 Oct 2010

if you mean in the pan look inyour man hole look at vent pipe to see it is not blocked

Answered 4th Mar 2011

roy morgan plumbing&heating

Member since 29 Jan 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions