Plastering Question

Filling fine cracks in internal walls/ceilings

I need to fill fine cracks in wall and ceiling plaster. This was new plastering some years ago and the cracks have not got bigger but need attention now.

4 Answers

Best Answer

If your happy that the cracks havent got bigger, cut them deeper into a V shape, this will allow to get some filler in.
Use a quality filler, prefably powered form, fill and sand, you may need to do this a couple of times

Answered 3rd Mar 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Hi if the cracks are only fine , buy yourself some polycell base coat and roller it on. Then paint as normal

Answered 3rd Mar 2011

Head property maintenance

Member since 14 Jul 2008

They sound like settlement cracks so nothing to worry about. You could use a a plastering trowel or filling knife to smear some fine surface filler over them, allow to dry and gently sand over with some fine grade sand paper. This always works for me and requires very little effort. Hope this helps!

Answered 3rd Mar 2011

Farnes Builders

Member since 8 Dec 2010

if they are fine cracks and no more movement is likely to occur then i would recomend pollycel evenceil paint for the job as it is flexible and hides cracks well

Answered 3rd Mar 2011


Member since 15 Feb 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions