Ask a tradesman
Add 2 courses to a solid walled extension
I have a small solid-walled extension on my kitchen.
The roof is single-pitched tiled roof rising from just above the door to 1 course below the upstairs window.
I want to raise the floor about 3-4 inches to be level with the rest of the house. That will require the door to be raised a similar amount.
Is it possible to add a couple of courses to the rear wall and change the angle of the roof (assuming it will still be steep enough for the tiles)?
How can this be done within building regulations?
1 Answer from a MyBuilder Extension Builder
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- I have a small conservatory with a small wall and windows 3 sides is it possible to add 4 foot to the width by adding a solid wall to one side and using the existing windows
- What is a rough cost to add an extension to the rear of a bungalow in DN21, Lincolnshire?
- Is it possible to put a hip-to-gable extension on a semi with a single-storey side extension?
- Order to do things in/ who to speak to about extension and moving a bathroom