Ask a tradesman
Replace new towel radiator to existing pipework
I want to replace a new towel radiator in my bathroom but am having trouble finding one to fit using the existing pipework.
The current old towel radiator is 300mm and the pipe centre is 150mm.
I have seen a towel radiator I like which is 400mm so from what I have learnt I know the pipe centre on this will be 350mm.
My question is can I use radiator extensions to bridge the gap between the pipes. I want to keep the costs down as much as possible so dont really want to have to do any changes to the existing pipework.
2 Answers from MyBuilder Heating Engineers
Falkirk, Grangemouth • Member since 1 Dec 2010 • 54 jobs, 98% positive feedback
hi lee why dont you alter the pipework yourself, with 2 compression bends and a bit of copper
Answered 1st Sep 2015
You will find it difficult to match in with older heaters and their pipe centres. Best to just take up floorboards and get underneath to change the pipe centres or as suggested alter the pipe owner but use chrome elbows to match in.
Answered 2nd Sep 2015
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- What can I expect to pay for labour only to replace an existing electric cooker hob and oven with a new gas hob and a new electric oven. Gas and electric supply already behind cooker and ready to use.
- I have to replace an existing radiator and the valves.Do I need to bleed the complete central heating for it? Should the water supply to the boiler be shut down as well?
- Possibile to add a new radiator in hall that taps into existing bathroom radiator?
- Replace conventional radiator with Towel radiator