Architecture Question

Cracks appearing

Have large cracks both internally and externally under windows and across some ceilings. This only happened after I had a new roof fitted and I feel this probably has something to do with it. What can I do?

5 Answers

Best Answer

You need a structural survey

Answered 15th Sep 2011

DJ Building Design

Member since 15 Sep 2011

You really need to get someone out to have a look at the affected walls and ceilings. There are a number of things that may be causing it and it can only be properly advised on once seen.

Answered 14th Sep 2011

Ampersand EPM Ltd

Member since 14 Sep 2011

get a structural engineer to check,

did you change the type of roof tiles you had on the roof ?

Answered 14th Sep 2011

ADR Property Maintenance

Member since 1 Mar 2009

If your new roof consists of concrete interlocking tiles and your old roof was slate, your problems are probably caused by the considerably increased load. In any event, a proper structural survey should find the cause.

Rupert Burrows

Answered 21st Sep 2011

Rupert Burrows Design Contracts

Member since 16 Nov 2008

I agree, get a str/engeer. My guess is ,if new timber structure has been fitted to an older building there may be spread/setlement evident within the timber truss design. This with added weight of modern concrete tiles could cause it, MAYBE

Answered 10th Oct 2011

Kent Home Fix

Member since 7 Oct 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Architectural Services who can help you with your project.

Search all questions