Ask a tradesman
How long to complete central heating installation
Do I have to move out when having central heating installed?
How long will it take to fit in a mid terrace 3 bed house?
2 Answers from MyBuilder Heating Engineers
You should not have to move out when having your central heating installed.
It should be minimum disruption and the pipes run from room to room so each room/area will be completed before the next starts. It should take 2-3 days maximum with Boiler/pipes and radiators.
Answered 20th Aug 2015
This time frame of 2-3 days is a very optimistic one by A Fielding Gas.
As neither of us know the layout of your home I would allow 4 - 5 days for one man. We hope for the best but need also to plan for worse scenario!
Answered 21st Aug 2015
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- We have a conservatory of area 9 square meters. We would like to put in underfloor heating, what is the best material, system to use? Also approximately how long would it take to extend it by 25%?
- I have to replace an existing radiator and the valves.Do I need to bleed the complete central heating for it? Should the water supply to the boiler be shut down as well?
- Should Central Heating and Hot Water work independently?
- How much do you charge in putting fernox to the central heating?