Plastering Question

External plaster?

Not sure if this is the correct area, but I couldn't find an obvious area for this question. I've just had a bay window double glazed and the outside concrete sill is a bit damaged, with the area made good with some cement. I wanted to ensure a smooth finish before I paint it again - do I just do that with a smooth cement or is there such a thing as external plaster?

3 Answers

Use cement and fine it down.

Answered 13th Sep 2011

SJB Plastering

Member since 13 Sep 2011

sand and cement is external plaster, its the plasterer that makes it smooth!!!!

Answered 13th Sep 2011

Damp Cure Services

Member since 29 Jun 2008

If you do use a fine sand and cement you will need to add sbr add mix to make sure it adheres properly if not depending on the repairs use an external filler
powder mix only this will be more workable for you and you can rub down to smooth which you cant with sand and cement

Answered 14th Sep 2011

Trident Damp

Member since 26 May 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions