Ask a tradesman
Wot is the mixture for sizing a wall
It is a newley skimmed wall and how long do i leave it to dry
2 Answers from MyBuilder Painters & Decorators
Sizing is the process used to prepare new plaster prior to hanging paper.
The mixture quantities as with everything depends on the product used.
When normal paste is mixed it thick and gloopy.
Size solution needs to be a thin sloppy mixture.
Think of the consistency of tomato soup and your there
hope that helps.
Answered 13th Apr 2016
South Ockendon • Member since 15 Jun 2015 • 4 jobs, 100% positive feedback
Fresh plaster needs at least a week to dry before sealing and the mixture is one part paint and three parts water, the wall will suck the water in straight away which then leaves the wall sealed with a thin coat of paint. Hope this helps and the longer drying time the better.
Answered 3rd Aug 2015
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- How worried should I be about the timber joists and flooring in a new extension touching the wall below the dpc?
- What is the rough cost of a DPC for 23m of wall? The house is a Victorian end of terrace. Please include the cost of replastering internal walls.
- Bed needed over the stair box for an older child - could a mid sleeper easily be adapted to fit?
- Blocked air vent - damp in cavity wall?