Ask a tradesman


Weird sockets next to plug sockets!

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I've just bought a 1960s dormer bungalow and in the lounge there are some weird sockets that I haven't a clue what they are! They are narrow and appear to be 4 pronged. A couple also have something plugged into them like some sort of adapter? I have checked everywhere and the nearest thing I could find was a 5a lighting socket, but it doesn't match any thing I can find! Any help would be appreciated. The 3 sockets are all located next to a normal plug socket.

3 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

These are specific sockets used for table lamps. Is there a light switch in the room which you don't know what is for? Chances are that switch will turn on these sockets which will turn on the table lamps.


Answered 23rd Jul 2015

Hi there,

Looks to me like a Ashley/Klik 6Amp 3pin plug-in lighting point, these are normally found in commercial applications.


Chris, Simonside Building Services


Answered 22nd Jul 2015

These are Klix plug in lighting sockets. normally used above false ceilings in commercial premises for lighting;

Standard 3 pin 5amp lighting sockets would have been a better choice! Guess whoever fitted them had a load they wanted to use up.


Answered 23rd Jul 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories