Ask a tradesman

Groundwork & Foundations

Can a builder estimate or quote subsidence work?

We have internal cracks: possible subsidence. The insurance company want "a quote from a builder" but surely a structural surveyor or engineer would have to diagnose the problem first. Would a builder take a look and give a quote?

2 Answers from MyBuilder Groundworkers

A structural surveyor would have to ask a builder if the job war repairable and the builder would give a quote


Answered 19th Aug 2015

You have stated insurance company need a quote, within this a builder can give you a quote for works needed on what he as seen. Also it depends on the experience of the builder. I would state in my quote to them, that if the cracks were to be more serious? being that cracks have been seen on the outer part of the building. They would have to meet with the client and builder and give a report on this matter.


Answered 17th Jun 2017

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories