Damp Proofing Question

Need to repair damp damaged wall patch, the walls were lined ng between paint an

I live in a city apartment, we had a leak and damp rose up the walls in hallway toilet. I painted over the existing paint with damp proof paint (on landlords advice) but it kept rising. Anyway, we fixed the leak every thing dried, but all of the layers of paint/damp made a huge bubble, then as it dried a crack appeared. I peeled it back and exposed the plaster but the paint seems to have been painted onto a brown thin card board type material which covers all the walls (is this lining paper?) So I've peeled off all of the cracked paint and this has exposed the plaster but now I have the rest of the wall where this card hasn't come off, so I have a step in the wall which I need to smooth off, an I don't know what to do. Do I peel off the entire wall, or can I repair this patch, if so what do I need to buy/do to fix this!

1 Answer

Best Answer

Use skim and fill its easy also get a plasterers spatch off ebay they're cheap you can't go wrong

Answered 18th Sep 2015

Signature Design, Build and Restoration Ltd

Member since 9 Apr 2015

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions