Ask a tradesman
Fixing celotex to concrete ceiling
Hi,need a bit of advice how to fix 90 mil Celotex onto concrete ceiling.we have space available of 100 mil and building control ask for 90 mil Celotex and 9.5 foil back plasterboard as could not go over 100mil because of door lintel.
How can we fix it ,what sort of fixing do we need? If possible step by step instructions will be great.
This is an outbuilding with one layer skin bricks and concrete roof so we know what to do for the walls but this is a tricky one as can't fix battens is no space available.
We thought if we can use 50 mil Celotex fix in place with 40x60 battens then 40 mil Celotex in between the battens then foil back plasterboard.
Is this a good idea? Can we pass building control using this method or something else can be done?
Building control said I we use Celotex and foil back plasterboard I don't need polythene membrane.
1 Answer from a MyBuilder Extension Builder
Your method seems reasonable, 50mm Celotex stuck to ceiling with a polymer based adhesive/sealant and propped up temporarily and then battens mechanically fixed to ceiling through the insulation boards. I suggest concrete screws,these require a pilot hole and are screwed into the concrete without the need for expansion plugs. This will leave you enough depth to fit 40mm Celotex between and foil backed plasterboard screwed to battens.
Answered 25th Jun 2015
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- My flat is a year old. I can see the joists in the ceiling, assumign it's due to settlement. Shoudl the builders on site be fixing this? Didnt expect to be forking out £££'s on plastering a new build.
- Opening up roof structure to living space to roof pitch / removing ceiling and ceiling joists
- How to fix Ceiling pull switch case to the ceiling?
- Advice what tool or drill I will need to make holes into ceiling to fix a Ceiling Gym Pulley mount.