Ask a tradesman
Boiler - repair/replace?
My Vaillant Turbomax boiler sprung a leak. I have British Gas cover and their engineer diagnosed that the pump bracket has corroded over time and can't be fixed/replaced, as it's part of the boiler chassis. He says I need a new boiler. I don't know whether to trust his diagnosis, as the boiler was serviced by them barely 4 months ago and he was eager to quote me for a new boiler installed by British Gas. Based on the fault as diagnosed, can my boiler be repaired, if only to give me a few months grace before an expensive replacement?
3 Answers from MyBuilder Heating Engineers
All the money you pay BG and when you need them they let you down.
Vaillant Turbo max boiler should last 20 years ( its the Best Boiler They made)
It pot luck on the Gas Man you get with BG Some are Good, Some Bad
That's why you should find an Independent Gas Man. Get one from My Builder
You Don't Need to change the Boiler NO WAY!
And save yourself all that £200 a year Nonsense
Answered 16th Jun 2015
Either way get a local reputable plumber round that can be recommended and get it looked at either way if its a new boiler will still be half the price of brotish gas and a 10x better job thats for sure thats if there to my standards anyway ;) hope this helps
Answered 16th Jun 2015
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Housewarmer Epic 2 back boiler with fire. I'm having difficlties with the pilot light keep going out when the boiler is not on. I also have to manually start the boiler everytime, any suggestions?
- We have a back boiler with a gas fire. The boiler is decommisioned but the fire works. Can I disconnect the gas fire and leave the back boiler behind the firepace
- Remove glow worm back boiler and replace with new boiler - what type of boiler do we need?
- Replacing an ancient back boiler with a combined wood burner back boiler and combi gas boiler