Ask a tradesman
What roof for extending a single storey extension
Hoping for some guidance as to what would be best.
We currently have an extension on the back of the house 5.75 by 3m that was added on in the 80's. It has a pitched tiled roof. We are wanting to double this to 6m to make a bigger kitchen.
My question is, whats better/cost effective;
1. keep existing roof and put flat roof and lantern in new ext.
2. remove current roof and put new one on with sky lights
2 Answers from MyBuilder Extension Builders
Aberdeen • Member since 2 Mar 2015 • 109 jobs, 94% positive feedback
For me option two sounds a lot LESS problematic.
Calum @ CMT Contractor
Answered 15th Jun 2015
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- What should I budget for a single storey extension measuring 6m x 3m approx, with a flat roof and single rooflight (the extension needs to be 2m above ground due to dropped garden)
- Where do I start with planning a single storey extension? How much should I be paying for architects plans?
- Single storey extension - tiled roof vs lantern roof
- Is it possible to put a hip-to-gable extension on a semi with a single-storey side extension?