Ask a tradesman
How can i replace my ceiling fan?
I have a ceiling fan in the living room and would like to get replaced, can i replace it myself or i have to ask an electrician to do the job?
2 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians
If you are good at DIY and follow the instructions to the letter of the new fan then you should be able to change the fan but do isolate it at the Distribution Board/consumer unit first.
Or be safe put it up on mybuilder.com as a job for an electrician to do.
Answered 8th Sep 2011
Yes, you can if you have enough knowledge.
Switch off circuit breaker at Consumer Unit and when you disconnecting old fan remember how connected wires, it could be loop there.
But how Kelvin said, employ an electrician. It is your house and your live.
Here plenty of people around Country who are professional.
Answered 10th Sep 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- I have embossed vinyl tiles on my solid kitchen floor. Can I lay new vinyl on top?If not do I need to remove the glue residue (and how do I do this) or put down hardboard. before laying the new vinyl?
- If I can't repair my extractor fan can I find another that fits in the same space?
- How is it best to board up my loft if I want to use it as a 'useable' area in my home, also can I install my own roof window?
- How can I replace my loo seat, when I don't know the manufacturer?