Ask a tradesman


Changing switches

Hi there, I'm switching over switches in my house at the moment, the old switches were old so I'm replacing with new ones. I went to B and Q and bought a 1 gang 2 way switch, however I only have one switch for this light, do I need to buy a one gang 1 way switch or can I use the switch I've bought to do the job?



1 Answer from a MyBuilder Electrician

Best Answer

No need to buy another switch; you can use that switch; 1gang,2way; connect red or brown to common pin, black or blue at L1 or L2, and the earth if get one; cheers;


Answered 1st Jun 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories