Ask a tradesman

Hard Flooring

Underlay for engineered floor over floorboards

I live in a first floor flat and am laying a floated engineered floor over existing floorboards.

What should go between the engineered floor and floorboards?

2 Answers from MyBuilder Flooring Fitters

A good sound proofing underlay. Take a look at QA Products website For information on underlays. A good one is timber tech 2 original.


Answered 29th May 2015

hi , i would check either your lease or with the landlords first as there may be problems with sound proofing .
a good acoustic underlay will do the job but you may have to do sound testing.
if not then most good wood flooring underlays would work.


Answered 15th Jun 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories