Ask a tradesman


Boundary issue what are my rights

i live in a detached house and my neighbour wants to attach our house to their garage. they have built a wooden frame that has been drilled into their wall but the other side is leaning on the side of our house. they have put plastic sheeting on top as a roof. My issue is, can they drill or attach anything to our property? If my wall gets damp from the rainwater who is responsible for repairing the damage to my property?

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Extension Builder

Party Wall Act
No cannot attach without consent
Has planning been approved either by local authority or through neighborhood consultation


Answered 12th May 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories