Ask a tradesman


Front porch gap

My front porch is moving away from the front of the house there is a small gap between the front wall of the house and the side of the porch which is built onto the house. How would we go about rectifying this would we need a new porch or is there some way of filling the gap?

2 Answers from MyBuilder Extension Builders

It sounds like your porch foundations ar'nt up to the job, you could fill the crack, but i would take down and rebuild the porch on new foundations and tieing the new walls into your existing outer walls.


Answered 7th May 2015

There is a cheap alternative called helifix, Provided that your porch is brick built or similiar, It will not move after this has been installed and then you can just make the gap good again



Answered 14th May 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories