Ask a tradesman


Full re wire certificate

I had a full re wire at my house in February and countless emails later the electrician keeps forgetting to email or post a certificate. Where do I stand? Who do I report them too?

4 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Is he a registered electrician? if so you can ask his Part P provider to follow it up ( NICEIC, NAPIT, ECA) to name a few.


Answered 23rd Apr 2015

Has he notified building control? If he is part p registered then he should have. And you should have the certificate from BC by now. As far as your EIC he cannot hold back even if you have paid or not. Did you check his part p registration before you accepted him as your contractor?


Answered 23rd Apr 2015

First of all you have to establish that the electrician who carried out the work was Registered Competent Person - Electrical. If you know either trading name of the his company or the name of the electrician, you can check the electrician's credibilty by If your electrician is registered competent person, his or her details will appear with the details of the scheme operator with whom he is registered. Raise your complaint with the scheme operator and you should get the result.


Answered 23rd Apr 2015

As above plus if he's not registered call trading standards
He has left you in a predicament as it's the householders responsibility to inform building control


Answered 7th May 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories