Ask a tradesman


Single isolator switch to control/isolate two 13a double sockets


We have two 13A double sockets, these will be used by washing machine, dryer, fridge etc. We want a single isolating switch to control all of it. Is this possible, if so, what size rated fuse isolator do we need?


1 Answer from a MyBuilder Electrician

Best Answer

you can use, a 3/4 gang faceplate, with multiple switches on to control the appliances, the idea of the isolator is to be able to isolate the certain appliance, so you can use the rest of the power on that circuit, so one isolator switch controlling many is defeating the object


Answered 21st Apr 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories